Beef season 1 episode 3 follows the continued personal struggles and complicated relationships of the show’s characters. The phrase, “I am inhabited by a cry”, is used to describe the emotional state of the characters Amy and Danny.
Both of these characters are struggling with internal turmoil and emotional distress. Danny is dealing with the aftermath of a near miss with blowing up a child and grappling with feelings of guilt and shame.
He finds solace in a cathartic experience at Living Glory Church. Amy, on the other hand, is torn between the opportunity presented by Jordana’s offer, and the terms of the offer.
Those terms require her to stay on for five more years. She is feeling blocked and unable to express her true feelings to George.
Recap of Beef season 1 episode 3: I am inhabited by a cry
- Couples Therapy with George and Amy: The episode opens with George and Amy attending couples therapy. George reveals that he has been struggling since their fight and Amy’s comment about his sex appeal. They both confess to inheriting traits from their parents but express a desire to work through their issues.
- Danny’s Retaliation and Near Miss: Danny is still unable to remove the white paint from his truck and is about to blow up Amy’s car in retaliation. However, he stops when he sees June inside and runs away. Danny later discusses his near-miss with blowing up a child with Paul.
- Paul and Kayla’s Meeting: Paul is still under the impression that Kayla is a real person and sets up a meeting with her. Naomi advises Amy to butter up Jordana, who has shown interest in buying her business.
- Danny’s Cathartic Church Experience: Danny visits Living Glory Church and has a cathartic experience while the band sings, “Hallelujah.” Veronica and Edwin make him feel comfortable and encourage him to come back.
- Amy’s Experiment and Confession: Amy sends a photo of her legs to Paul and they talk on the phone. She confesses that she hates pretending that she doesn’t hate things. Later, during therapy exercises, she breaks down and confesses that she has been feeling blocked and sometimes feels that George won’t understand.
- Danny’s Loan Plan and Church Meeting: Danny discusses getting a loan with someone from the bank but is told his credit score and inconsistent income will prevent him from getting one. He considers using his church to secure a plan and discusses it with Pastor Kim. He also has a risky plan with Isaac.
- Jordana’s Offer and Event Invitation: Jordana shows up at Amy’s house with a term sheet that requires her to stay on for five more years. Jordana asks Amy to come to an event to convince the board. Amy is torn between the opportunity and terms of the offer.
- Paul Comes Clean and Kisses Amy: Paul shows up at Amy’s store and she apologizes for misleading him about Kayla. As she rants about her own appearance, Paul kisses her and calls her hotter than Mia. Meanwhile, George masturbates to Mia’s photo and Danny expresses his feelings through a song at the church.
Review of Beef season 1 episode 3: I am inhabited by a cry
The once-tight bonds between Amy and Danny are now frayed, as they each find themselves on separate paths that are riddled with obstacles and challenges. Paul’s unexpected kiss, has left Amy conflicted and uncertain, while Danny’s involvement in the church fraud scheme has taken a toll on his mental health and well-being.
Despite their obvious attraction, the future of their relationship remains uncertain. As Amy struggles to find meaning and fulfillment in her life, Danny’s involvement in the scheme threatens to cut him off from the world around him, leaving him isolated and alone.
While they both yearn for something more, the road ahead is paved with uncertainty and danger. Amy’s marriage to George is little more than a charade, leaving her feeling trapped and suffocated.
Danny’s involvement in the fraud scheme threatens to destroy everything he holds dear. As they each try to navigate their way through these challenges, they may find that their paths diverge even further.
These pays could lead them to different destinations that are filled with their own unique challenges and opportunities. But no matter what happens, the bond that once united them will always be there, even if it is tested by the trials and tribulations of life.
Ultimately, the fate of Amy and Danny rests in their own hands. Whether they can find the strength and courage to overcome the obstacles in their path remains to be seen.
But one thing is certain: they will always be connected, no matter where their journey takes them. This episode seems to have been filled with dramatic and emotionally charged moments, as the characters continue to struggle with personal turmoil and complicated relationships.
The episode also features explosive confessions, risky plans and unexpected developments, leaving the audience on the edge of their seats.
What did you think of Beef season 1 episode 3? Leave your answers in the comments below!
You can watch Beef season 1 on Netflix.