The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is back with another exciting episode. In season 5 episode 7 we see Rose preparing for a matchmaking party.
Midge is dealing with chaos at home and work, while Susie is helping Midge with her career.
Rose’s Party Preparations
- Rose prepares for a matchmaking party
- She struggles to find a place to host the party
- Rose considers Joel’s parent’s house but is unsure of the decor
Chaos at Midge’s Apartment
- Midge deals with chaos at home
- Rose and Abe struggle with household tasks without Zelda
- The apartment springs a leak, flooding the floors below
- The plumber finds Ethan’s toy stuffed down the drain, causing more damage
- Rose needs the apartment re-carpeted for the party, and Midge has to buy a whole new bathroom
Midge at Work
- Midge is late for work due to the chaos at home
- Danny Stevens (Hank Azaria) is a celebrity guest on the show
- Mike announces his new role as the show’s producer, taking over from George, who Susie helped to oust from the production
- Danny asks the writers for improved jokes
- Midge suggests that Danny talks about his own life and his parents as he is promoting his own autobiography
- The show goes perfectly, and Danny thanks Midge for the advice
- Danny offers Midge a job as a scriptwriter on a new sitcom, angering Gordon
Ethan’s Poor Test Results
- Abe brings up Ethan’s poor test results
- Joel defends his son, while Janusz and Zelda argue
- Janusz doesn’t want Zelda working for the Weissmans anymore
- Abe talks about Joel ruining his bloodline, but Joel stands his ground
- Susie gambles with Mike Carr and his work colleagues
- Mike lands Midge a spot on Jack Parr’s latest comedy showcase
- Susie would much rather Midge star on the Gordon Ford Show, but Mike thinks that dream is dead
- Midge is given a raise at work because of Danny’s offer
- Midge informs Gordon that she’ll be attending the showcase unless Gordon books her first
- Gordon ignores her, unwilling to change his rules, angered that Midge wants more from her career
- Midge’s set goes well, but Jack Parr’s assistant refuses to book her, stating that he doesn’t get her act
- Susie defends Midge’s corner admirably
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel season 5, episode 7 Ending Explained
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel has been a fan-favorite since its debut in 2017, with its witty humor and captivating storylines. Season 5 episode 7, titled, “A House Full of Extremely Lame Horses” leaves us with several cliffhangers that leave viewers eager for the next episode.
In this episode, we see flash-forwards focusing on Rose’s matchmaking business in 1973. She is filming a commercial with Midge’s support and financial backing.
Unfortunately, the business is hemorrhaging money, and Midge is advised to drop the business. But she can’t.
This business means the world to Rose, and Midge wants to provide this outlet for her mother. The episode ends back in the 60s, where we see Midge returning home after yet another rejection.
In the bathroom, she lets her anger out. Abe goes to comfort his daughter but hears the piano being played.
He rushes over, hoping to see Ethan unveiling his hidden talents, yet it is, in fact, Esther who is the genius in the family.
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel season 5, episode 7 recap: Rose’s matchmaking business in 1973
Rose’s matchmaking business has been a recurring theme throughout the show. In this episode, we see Rose struggling to keep her business afloat.
The business is losing money, and Midge is advised to shut it down. However, Midge cannot do this to her mother, who has invested her heart and soul into the business.
She wants to provide an outlet for her mother and decides to fund a commercial to help promote her mother’s business.
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel season 5, episode 7 recap: Midge’s support for Rose
Midge’s support for her mother is evident throughout the series, and this episode is no different. She wants to help her mother’s business succeed, even if it means investing her own money.
Midge is a caring and supportive daughter who wants the best for her mother.
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel season 5, episode 7 recap: Flash-forward scenes
The episode features several flash-forward scenes that take place in 1973. These scenes show us the struggles that Rose’s matchmaking business is facing.
Rose is shown filming a commercial with Midge’s support, but the business is losing money. These scenes help build suspense and leave viewers wondering what will happen to Rose’s business.
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel season 5, episode 7 recap: Midge’s rejection
We see Midge returning home after yet another rejection. She is a comedian who has faced several rejections in her career.
In the bathroom, she lets her anger out, which is a common way for Midge to deal with her emotions. Midge is a strong woman who can handle rejection, but it still hurts her.
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel season 5, episode 7 recap: Esther’s hidden talent
The episode ends with a surprise twist, as Esther is revealed to be the musical genius in the family. Abe rushes to the piano, hoping to see Ethan’s hidden talents, but it is Esther who amazes him with her skills.
This twist leaves viewers wondering what other surprises the show has in store for us.
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel season 5, episode 7 recap: Conclusion
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel season 5 episode 7 was full of excitement, chaos, and drama. From Rose preparing for a matchmaking party to Midge dealing with chaos at home and work, and Susie helping Midge with her career, this episode had it all.
We can’t wait to see what happens next.
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel season 5 episode 8: “The Princess and the Plea” will be released on Amazon Prime Video on Friday, May 19, 2023 at midnight ET.